Australia » Deakin University » Introduction to Deakin
Innovative Courses in Fantastic Locations
The Oregon University System program at Deakin University in Australia facilitates undergraduate student exchange between Deakin University and students from the Oregon University System. This program is new and may not have been approved yet on your campus. Please check with your study abroad international office.
The program allows students to enroll in undergraduate courses in many fields. The program is suitable for students from most majors.
Deakin University is located on the southeastern tip of Australia and has campuses in three different locations. Each campus offers a unique study and lifestyle opportunity.
The Burwood campus is located in a suburb of Melbourne, and offers students the opportunity to experience life in a multicultural urban environment. Some consider Melbourne to be the country’s cultural and sports capital. Another campus is located in the bayside city of Geelong. Geelong has a population of 240,000 and is located about an hour train ride from Melbourne and about 15 minutes from the beach. The Warrnambool campus is located at the western end of the Great Ocean Road and is three hours from Melbourne by train. Warrnambool has a population of 29,000 and offers a smaller town experience. Patrick Cousineau, an OSU student in Natural Resource Management, attended Deakin’s Warrnambool campus. Click here to hear about Patrick’s experience at this small, but friendly university campus, and see the natural beauty which surrounds it.
- Deakin has won the Australian “University of the Year” award twice, in 1995/1996 and in 1999/2000, and recently received several commendations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning.
- With three different campuses, the Deakin program offers a wide variety of disciplines and courses.
- Deakin takes pride that their courses have been developed to be relevant, practical and are often the result of their research on current and emerging world issues. Courses are offered in unique areas such as biotechnology, architecture, business, chronic illness, natural resource management, fisheries and wildlife, exercise science and nutrition, forensic science.
The Oregon University System International Programs are cooperative programs to which all students in public universities in Oregon and select private partner universities have access. The programs are predominately reciprocal exchanges that not only send students abroad, but also bring students to Oregon campuses. It is through these direct relationships that students and faculty connect with partner institutions abroad and bring diversity to Oregon universities.
Click on the name of your University for contact information.
Eastern Oregon University
Inlow Hall 109E
La Grande, OR 97850
Oregon Institute of Technology
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Oregon State University*
Tavia Mendez or Marit Legler
1600 SW Western Blvd., Suite 290
(541) 737-2672 email@example.com
Portland State University
East Hall 101, Portland, OR 97207
Southern Oregon University
Stevenson Union 321
Ashland, OR 97520
University of Oregon
Oregon Hall 330
Eugene, OR 97403
Western Oregon University
Study Abroad &
Monmouth, OR 97361
* Also serves as the program Coordinator/Assistant.