England » Introduction
Explore a Land of Rich History:
Study in England!
The Oregon University System program at the University of Sheffield facilitates undergraduate student exchange between the University of Sheffield and students from the Oregon University System. This program is new and may not have been approved yet on your campus. Please check with your study abroad international office.
The program allows students to enroll in regular British university courses in many fields. The program is suitable for students of all majors.
- Founded in 1905, the University of Sheffield is one of the UK’s best universities with a global reputation as an international leader in teaching and research.
- Currently ranked 3rd in the UK for quality of teaching with nearly 75% of all subjects ranked as excellent.
- Distinguished staff and alumni include five Nobel prizewinners.
- Participants have access to courses in diverse areas in both liberal arts and sciences, including animal and plant sciences, ecology, genetics, chemistry, biology, biomedical science, molecular biology, archaeology, English, geography, history and political science.
- Sheffield is England’s fourth largest city (population 430,000) yet is one of the greenest cities with 150 woodlands and 50 public parks, and is only a few miles from the Peak District National Park.
- Sheffield was named England’s first “National City of Sport” and has Europe’s largest artificial ski-slope resort.
- Sheffield has the lowest cost of living for students in the UK, of 26 university towns and cities surveyed by the Royal Bank of Scotland.
The Oregon University System International Programs are cooperative programs to which all students in public universities in Oregon and select private partner universities have access. The programs are predominately reciprocal exchanges that not only send students abroad, but also bring students to Oregon campuses. It is through these direct relationships that students and faculty connect with partner institutions abroad and bring diversity to Oregon universities.
Eastern Oregon University
Inlow Hall 109E
La Grande, OR 97850
Oregon Institute of Technology
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
(541) 885- 1847
Oregon State University*
Tavia Mendez or Marit Legler
1600 SW Western Blvd., Suite 290
(541) 737-2672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland State University
East Hall 101
Portland, OR 97207
Southern Oregon University
Stevenson Union 321
Ashland, OR 97520
University of Oregon
Oregon Hall 330
Eugene, OR 97403
Western Oregon University
Study Abroad &
Monmouth, OR 97361
* Also serves as the program Coordinator/Assistant.