Cuba » Finances
The program costs for Cuba:
$950 academic fees for 10 undergraduate credits in the spring and summer course
$3,350 per student program operations fee, which includes:
• Orientation, orientation materials in Oregon, airport transfer fees in Miami
• Round trip airfare from Miami to Havana
• Overnight stay (double occupancy) in Miami on the nights of June 17 and June 29
• Immigration costs
• Transportation in Cuba for program related activities
• Overnight excursion to Matanzas/Varadero
• Room and board (and laundry)
• On-site support and orientation expenses
• Group activities and some entrance fees
• Health and accident insurance.
Total cost billed by OUS International Programs: $4,300.00
The program fee does not include domestic travel/airfare (Portland to Miami), or personal expenses such as recreation, personal supplies and incidental expenses (souvenirs, gifts, etc). The following are estimates for these costs:
• Estimated Round trip airfare from Portland – Miami: $600
• Meals not provided by program (estimated): $50
• Incidental/entertainment cost (estimated)s: $100
• Additional airport costs (estimated): $30
Total Estimated Expenses: $780.00
*Note: Students will be charged a Study Abroad Fee by their home OUS institution. This fee varies by institution though is generally about $350 per term and will be billed to students by their home university. Students should also determine with their home university whether resource fees for their major will be charged during their time abroad.
You can finance your Cuba summer program in many ways. Most forms of financial aid, such as grants or loans for which you are eligible at your home campus, may be applied to the program.* Veterans’ benefits may also be applied. Although most forms of financial aid may be applied to program costs, students should be aware that they may need to supplement their standard financial aid package.
In addition to the resources available through your Financial Aid Office, you can find a list of available local and national scholarships by clicking here.
MORE INFORMATION ON BILLING AND FINANCIAL AID
Click here for detailed billing and financial aid instructions for your particular university.
Click on the name of your University for contact information.
Eastern Oregon University
Inlow Hall 109E
La Grande, OR 97850
Oregon Institute of Technology
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
(541) 885- 1847
Oregon State University*
1600 SW Western Blvd., Suite 290
Portland State University
East Hall 101, Portland, OR 97207
Southern Oregon University
Stevenson Union 321
Ashland, OR 97520
University of Oregon
Oregon Hall 330
Eugene, OR 97403
Western Oregon University
Study Abroad &
Monmouth, OR 97361
* Also serves as the program Coordinator/Assistant.