Study Abroad Sickness & Accident Insurance
Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan
Your OUS program cost includes international health insurance, provided by Gallagher Koster. The plan includes 24-hour emergency support by Europ Assisst (Travel AXIS) and zero deductible health insurance.
The plan is intended to complement whatever health insurance you normally have in the U.S. or the national health care plan of the country in which you'll be studying. The information below is a brief summary of the two-part policy. A plan brochure detailing coverage and exclusions is available for your review here.
OUS program participants will be enrolled in the deluxe plan, which is underwritten by AXIS Insurance Company. Claims are administered by Health Special Risk, Inc.
Automatic EnrollmentBack to Top
You will be automatically enrolled for insurance coverage for the duration of your study period. You will also receive an enrollment email from Gallagher Koster with a verification letter and ID card. Print your medical ID card and carry it with you. You will need to reference the information on it in an emergency or when you file a claim.
If you have questions about the information you received, contact:
Gallagher Koster Customer Service Department
In U.S.: 1-877-275-5867 (toll free) or 1-617-769-6096
Outside the U.S. : +1 (617) 770-9889
Fax: +1 (617) 479-0860
Coverage SummaryBack to Top
The Accident and Sickness Insurance plan includes:
- Up to $200,000 lifetime coverage per incident/injury/illness
- $0 (zero) deductible (Note: Be prepared to pay for your medical care up front. Once you submit a claim to Health Special Risk, Inc., you will be reimbursed for eligible charges.)
- 24-hour emergency support from Europ Assist (Travel AXIS), including guaranteed hospital admission, emergency medical evacuation, prescription assistance, and repatriation of remains. Note: Europ Assist should be contacted first to assist you in finding appropriate medical care. Outside the US: 1-609-375-9190; Toll-free within the US/Canada: 1- 888-870-2947
- Review the plan brochure for policy exclusions.
Filing a ClaimBack to Top
For non-emergency care, you will be required to pay up-front for services, collect receipts and then file a claim.
- To file a claim, you will need to complete a claim form with Health Special Risk, Inc. A link to this claim form can be found in your insurance verification email. To download a new form, click here.
- Fill out the form and submit it with your receipts for treatment. You will need the policy number provided on your insurance ID card and in your verification letter. Your Medical ID number is the same as your student ID number at your home institution.
- Keep copies of the claim form and the receipts for yourself.
- Send the completed claim form (one per incident) to:
Health Special Risk, Inc.
HSR Plaza II, 4100 Medical Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007
If you have any questions, contact Health Special Risk, Inc. directly:
In the U.S. only: +1 (866) 523-3183
Europ Assist - When You Require Immediate AssistanceBack to Top
1. Contact Europ Assist (Travel AXIS)
1-609-375-9190 (Collect from outside the United States)
1- 888-870-2947 (Toll-free within the United States/Canada)
2. Contact (or have someone contact) OUS International Programs.
Main Office (during office hours): +1 (541) 737-3006 or +1 (541) 737-3100
Oregon State University Office of Public Safety (after hours or on weekends): +1 (541) 737-3010